Title: Senior Systems Engineer
Status: Full-time, non-exempt; overtime required
Date: December 1, 2016
Salary: $65-85k year + Benefits Package
Description: The System Engineer's role is to analyze, design, install, configure, maintain and repair network infrastructure and applications. Engineer performs a various tasks including the evaluation, maintenance, installation and training tasks to ensure the computer network performance meets client’s and users’ satisfaction. A System Engineer also provides direction, information, and recommendations regarding network configurations and installations directly to clients. This role consistently requires management and oversight of numerous multi-faceted projects with hard deadlines. All applicants should be highly-organized, efficient and accurate. Verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Provide Tier 3 Support
- Project Management
- Configure and setup various network and security equipment for secured access to vital business applications.
- Design, setup and configure complex switching environments.
- Design, setup and configure complex wireless networking that supports open or secured access and the ability to support voice and video applications.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Local Area Networking.
- Assist in the design of multi-server environments including IP address schemes, DNS, WINS.
- Configure and install client and server network software for upgrading and maintaining network and telecommunication systems.
- Maintain multi-site network operations and software applications, operating systems and regular maintenance with both private and public facilities.
- Manage assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with clients’ requests and company’s objectives.
- Respond to inquiries from client-based administrators, service providers, site personnel and outside vendors to provide technical assistance and support.
- Troubleshoot malfunctions of network hardware and software applications, telephones and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Works with vendors to resolve hardware operating system issues; researches and tests possible solutions and implements solutions.
- Identify and learn appropriate hardware, software, and network applications used by clients and supported by the company.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to support client satisfaction.
- Perform related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position.
- Must possess and maintain valid driver’s license and sole access to reliable transportation.
- Associates Degree and at least 7 years work experience in related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Advanced working knowledge of various computer systems, including local area networks and wide area networks.
- Principles of information systems design, client/server environments.
- Principles and practices of networking technologies; thorough understanding of LAN/WAN protocols; theory and practice of LAN/WAN administration.
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities.
- Good understanding of the company's goals and objectives.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills focused on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals up to 60lbs.
- 2 Weeks Paid Vacation
- 10 Paid Holidays per Year
- Medical & Dental Coverage
- Retirement Savings Plan (with partial employer match)
- Company Supplied Vehicle
- Company Supplied Cell Phone
Please send your cover letter, resume, and references here!